WHAT IS SUPER BRAIN YOGA?
This is a simple squat exercise that offers benefits not just for young students, but also adults seeking brain wellness into their senior years and patients with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Down Syndrome, Alzheimer’s, or other development challenges and cognitive delays seeking normalcy and cures.
According to Dr. Jones, after doing the yoga exercise, an EEG scan shows the right and left hemispheres of the brain have synchronized.
HOW TO DO IT
To ensure you achieve maximum benefits:
1. Face East. For the elderly, face North.
2. Remove any jewelry and connect your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Leave it there throughout the exercise.
3. Take your left hand, cross your upper body to take hold of your right earlobe with thumb and forefinger. Make sure that the thumb is in front.
4. Now take your right hand across your upper body to take hold of your left earlobe. Again, make sure that the thumb is in front. At this point you’re pressing both earlobes simultaneously. Make sure your left arm is close to your chest and inside your right arm.
5. Inhale through your nose and slowly squat down to the ground.
6. Hold your breath and exhale as you start making your way back up to a standing position.
7. Repeat this squatting action 14 times. Remember to keep holding your earlobes and to keep your tongue touching the roof of your mouth throughout the entire exercise.